Ich treatment with out the Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think my goldfish has Ich, but im not totally sure. He has swim bladder so he has always swam (swum. swimmed?) funny. But lately he chills in the corner of the tank and when he swims he does scrape against the gravel (but i don't know if thats just him swimming weird)

So I bought Ich treatment stuff. If he doesn't have Ich, is it still safe to use just in case?

Hi lyquidphyre. I wouldn't begin any treatment until I was sure what's affecting this fish. Ich usually will be visually apparent on the fish in the form of white spots, and it generally first appears on the fins.

The kind of behavior he shows can be caused by many things or nothing. If it were me, I'd do a 33% water change and gravel vac. Very often just improving the water conditions will improve the fish. :D

Did you ever get the second tank? And are your goldies alone in the 29 gallon now like you had planned...

Doncha have like 2 fancy and a semi fancy goldies?
I remember you were designing a retro tank and looking for a second tank size suitable for your herd of minnow and such a month or so ago.
That is one of your own fish that is your avatar.. i member dat too.. ^_^

Hehe. My friend is taking my tropicals n stuff- when I don't know. Its cute tho because I feed the goldfish their food on the right side, and the rasboras their food on the left side. The temp isn't too hot nor too cold- so everyone is doing fine for the time being.

I have to have my dad help me with the tank and trying to get him to find time to drive out here is the hardest part. I've drawn up so many plans, I just need to do it. But once I get it done I will definatly post pics!

Back
Top Bottom