Ich... uggg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well in my 5 years of fish keeping, this is my first time with ich :( I brought home a guppy that I guess had ich on it as now both of my female guppies, my cherry barbs, and some of my glowlight tetras have a few visible white spots. I have started raising the temp (I read the link from the sticky) and would like to dose the tank with some salt... what salt? Morton Iodized salt?
I have 1 german blue ram (I would really like to not loose him) 6 glowlights, 3 cherry barbs, 2 female guppies, 3 ottos and 3 cory's... Help :confused:

Aquarium salt is best. Heat will work on it's own though. Sorry to hear you have ich. Get the temps up to 87 and add some extra aeration. Good luck.

Ok well I have the heat up at 85ish and has been since friday (roughly), some of it is gone but not all, should I raise it a little more for another day or two? how long should I leave the temps that high? Thanks

Ok well I have the heat up at 85ish and has been since friday (roughly), some of it is gone but not all, should I raise it a little more for another day or two? how long should I leave the temps that high? Thanks

85ish is not going to get the job done. It needs to be over 86 (some say 85) to acually KILL the Ich or you are just making it spread faster.

Most say to keep the water at above 86 for two weeks AFTER the last signs of Ich have gone.

ok thanks rkilling, I just raised the heat setting, and it will be that way for a while. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom