ich update 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay. I've been pushing up the temp for a few days now and I'm up to 91F. I've got a Fisher Scientific lab thermometer in there and I trust it more than the other three I've been using. The temperature stays constant. I think that getting that 200 watt heater really helps keep the heat regulated in that 29 gallon tank. The spots on my small clown loach are beginning to disappear. The larger loach is looking better too. All the fish seem to be getting along well so far. I'm getting close to a water change either tomorrow or Wednesday. I plan on running this high temp for another 2 weeks unless someone tells me that it is a bad idea. My fish really don't seem to be acting any different and I look at them often and watch them (sit in a trance for 5+ minutes) at least twice a day. Is prolonged exposure to heat detrimental to fish? If not, why doesn't everyone run 90F heat all the time to prevent ich? I'm sure there is a good reason not to run perpetually high heat other than adding to an electric bill. Do not get

8O
:eek2:
That's not the temps these fish evolved in. 80F is tropical, 91 is cookin'. Plus you run into more problems with oxygen being able to dissolve into the water with higher temps.

maybe I'll back off the heat

I'll back off of the heat now some. Maybe 87 - 89F

Back
Top Bottom