Ich update, Clown Loaches RIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Well, i am now treating with temp of about 86 and aquarium salt, but i lost all 3 of my clown loaches :( It's so sad, i miss them. Anyway, i still see ich on some of the fish, but its getting better, once i don't see it anymore, how much longer should i leave the salt in? I've been doing about a 5 gallon water change every day and adding a Tablespoon of salt with each water change (one Tablespoon/5 gallons) But when can i stop adding the salt after the ich goes away? And when would be a good time to lower the temperatures.

Since my last ich out break ( a year or so ago), I have not stopped using salt. Not only is it a cure, but it is also a preventative.

well, i would love to do that, but Ive heard it's not good for the Angels or clown loaches, two of my favorite fish. And apparently it kills the clown loaches, becuase when i QT some new clown loaches, i added some salt to the QT tank and they died too!

Back
Top Bottom