ICK!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kromlech54

Aquarium Advice Regular
So yesterday morning I wake up and find that my two GBR's have little white spots on there fins and the male some on his body, couldn't find it on any of the other fish as of yet, first thing that came to mind was ick. So I removed my carbon filters, and treated the tank with some ick fizz tabs that I had from a while back. The female today looks great, but the male still had a few spots on him, so I did a 25% water change let the carbon filters sit in for about a half hour then started the process over again hoping to cure the lil guy. My questions is the ick treatment I'm using says that when I'm done treating for ick I should use a fungus clear treatment to ensure there are no secondary bacterial infections... is this something that I should do? I just don't want to over medicate the tank and end up killing them all.

You can, but I would wait. You don't want to flood the tank with chemicals because that may end up killing the fish.

Hope this helps!

So yesterday I found 2 white patches of material on the left side of my female gbr after the ich is now gone. She is still eating normally and I have now dosed the tank with what is called "fungus clear" by jungle. the fish don't seem to mind but it says to give it 4 days before trying to add a second dose if needed. From any ones experience has anyone ever used this stuff and if so how long if at all did it take to cure the fish?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not the best pics but first patch is behind the eye about an 1-2 cm, and the second spot is Inbetween the two darkest spots on her back.

Attachments

• 1401761248463.jpg
    1401761248463.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 1401761264093.jpg
    1401761264093.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 60
Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Ick are white patches on the skin/scales on your fish. My tank had ich before and what I used these API tablets and within a week, it was all gone. Make sure it has Ick and if one of you fish has Ick, chances are the rest may have it too. and if you're certain you see Ick on one TREAT THE WHOLE TANK, but make sure you follow instructions. You can also use Melafix or Pemafix

These are too large to be the ick parasite and are cotton -ish so I'm pretty sure it's fungus after I treated the ick.

Back
Top Bottom