ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
my molly has ick again!!!!! it was cure sometimes last week but now it come back again!!!! i hate that. i do change water every week but then what i did wrong? why he always got "ick".
one thing i am worry is i got 2 clown loaches in the tank. as i know they are scaless which means i cannot put too much medi in the tank.
please tell me what should i do?

thks

Firstly you need to find the reason why your fish are getting ick, check the parameters of your tank ie. ammonia/nitrite/nitrate as this could be a cause of stress in the tank. Also look to see if you have anything in the tank that is harrassing your fish as this will stress them as well and could be the reason for your continual outbreak of "ick".
If you don't want to put medication in your tank due to your clown loaches you could try raising the temperature of your aquarium to 86 degress, do this slowly as a sudden increase will stress them as well.

ICK is apparently caused by STRESS. Like Terry, said do your water checks and watchout for bullying among the fishes. Also check the the tank itself is not disturbed too often.

Back
Top Bottom