ick help gold fish tail fins splitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ich does not cause split fins. Can you please give us more information?

Size of tank

Readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate

How long has tank been running

What fish are in tank

Maintenance schedule (gravel vac/water changes)

Its in a 29 gallon with three more goldfish that are about 4 in each I know its over stocked but I had no choice as it was a pass over I do full Watter changes every two three weeks since I don't have a gravel cleaner two water filters aerator and just a begginer one mainly has the white spotsz and tail fins splitting laying at the bottom 2or3days with it but looking bad now I already put AP qubick cure in the water

Considering that goldfish are very messy fish, you're not doing enough water changes. You should consider doing 50% weekly minimum.

What are your readings? I have a feeling that your fish may be suffering from high ammonia or nitrates.

I have a Ph of 7.8 and. O5 amonoa cause I did full eater change early morning to retreat fish are not laying at bottom anymore more swimming around

What test kit?

What are readings for nitrite and nitrate?

You shouldn't have ammonia.

I have a seachems Ph and ammonia alert that you stick on the inside of the tank water

Thanks you all are a bog help and will be so on thanks

Don't trust the ammonia stick.

Get yourself and API test kit with which you will get very reliable results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH, all of which we will ask you for whenever you have issues with your tank.

+1 -- I agree with Lynda.

The white spots you mention could be a couple of different things. The first and most critical step, however, regardless of what they are is to improve your water quality, and maintain good water quality once it has improved.

If at all possible, please do invest in a gravel vacuum and a good liquid test kit. In my view, these are the two most important tools in maintaining a healthful environment for our fish.

Once you get the kit, if you post your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH test results here, the community can help guide you through a water change and gravel vacuuming schedule that will help improve your water quality.

Also, in my opinion, meds should only be used to treat a known, specific ailment -- and are often not necessary as simply improving and maintaining good water quality will solve whatever issue is ailing our fish. Improve the water quality first, and as quickly as you can. Often, this will, all by itself, cause a marked improvement in the health of your fish. If it doesn't, the community can help you further from there -- but it all starts with water quality.

Good luck!

Yea I believe. That about the ammonia stick causze since I put it in its been yellow which is o.02 ppm or less

Back
Top Bottom