Ick once again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, looks like I have ick again. I knew I should have not added new fish to my 29G. But I did, lol. Now I have to go through ick treatment once again. Raising the temp to 89 degrees as we speak.

As for my GBR's, no ick in the 75G. The new GBR's also look great. The guy that I got them from did me good. :)

LOL, the ick king, lol.

Well, I don't think I'm getting any more fish from the lfs here. Seems like every time I get new fish, I get ick. Never used to be like that. And I've bought lots of fish from them, lol. I just can't win when it comes to them, lol.

And I was going to move the serpae's to my 75G. Not no more, lol. Also, 2 of the serpae's and one of the blue flame tetras has white stuff around the mouth. So I added Pimafix, thinking it might be fungus. Will keep a close eye.

Sorry to hear about the ich again. It does seem that you have battled ich more than your fair share. Let us know how the ich and the possible fungus are going. Good luck.

Well, I guess I am the Ick King, lol. I was looking over the tanks again, and now see a couple Serpae's in my 75G with ick. Turning the temp up there also. But none of the new GBR's or my older ones have it, and none are flashing. Wonder where it came from. It's been 2 weeks since a PWC due to my Python pump being broke. Got my shipment of new ones in on Friday, and did a 60% PWC today, as well as all the other tanks. Did a 60% last night on my 29G and another 60% today. I'm gonna find a way to beat this algae, lol. I added 2 wisteria plants to the 29G as well, and took out the anacharis, as it was starting to look ugly from the Excel dosing.

Currently, the 29G is at 89 degrees, and the 75G is at 83 degrees. Will have the 75G up to 89 degrees by the end of tomorrow.

They say misery likes company........read your post yesterday LWB, ~ the same time I began treatment here for ick too. Only the *new fish of 3 weeks are noticable, and only in one tank. Three other new fish in another tank are fine. 5 Clown Loaches,[* one of these has been here 3 months] and a Zebra Loach. All the other fish are symtom free. No major changes.....did a PWC about three weeks ago before new fish arrived. Used old water to start other tank....and that is where the unaffected new fish are. Did nitrite/nitrate test this am....fine.

A question.........These Loaches will continually eat if I feed them. Should I worry about plumping them up if they'll eat that much? Seems they's be better off fighting the ick on a full stomach.

So far all are taking it well........temp @ 86, added 6 tbs. salt last night, will add 1 tbsp every day for 5 more days. Are you doing water changes during treatment?

I can agree on wanting to turn the water to a boil and be gone with this. But it's easier to bare, when other fish folks are helping to get through it.

CH

As for the loaches or any fish, eating too much is not good. Can result in other problems. Yes, they should have a full tummy, but not an overfull tummy.

As for water changes, everything remains the same. No changes, 50% PWC weekly and normal dosing routine. I just have my temp up to 89 degrees. And no salt added. That is where I stand currently.

Ick update..........72+ hrs. Only the 5 Clowns and the Boita had shown signs of ick. After raising temp to 86.5 then adding salt, then treating 50% dose of 'Super Ick Cure' after 24 hrs., I've had no deaths, and have been feeding 3-4 times per day.....all they'll clean up in a couple minutes. [A previous encounter with ick on purchased fish resulted in all dying and they never ate during the 4 day ordeal.]
One [the thinnest] still has several white spots about the body and fins. The Zebra has a couple of spots on his tail, but the other 4 Clowns show none.
The high temp in the tank seems to speed up all the activety. like time has been fastforwding.... fish darting, etc. I'm hoping they've been through the worst and this episode will end happily.

I hope yours do the same!!

CH

Ick update here:

75G - Still some ick, but mostly gone. Just a few more spots. Temp at 89.
29G - Still some ick, nearly all gone. Just a few more spots. Temp at 89.

LOL. Dr GreenICH You should start a webpage, "How to aquascape with ICH" LOL

The Ich King Sayeth:
Ick Be Gone, LOL
Now the 2 week countdown for both tanks. One tank was done a couple days ago, but will turn both tanks down together. A couple extra days high heat won't hurt anything. :)

Well sorry to hear about the dreaded three letter word yet again. However I will have to agree as of late you are the ich king. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

PS I'm surprised you havn't found out a way to automate ich treatment yet. You know, press the easy button in the little black box under the tank. Good luck again!

Back
Top Bottom