ick treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just did my ick treatment hopefully it works and i dont lose my whole tank i already lost a female guppie and 1 neon my husband wouldnt let me do the heat treatment

Try salting the tank also, i added one teaspoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons three times. Once at 3 p.m, then 3 a.m (yep got up that early to salt the tank), then 3 p.m the next day. The ick spots have mostly vanished now and it seems to be clearing up, just a thought. But heat is by far the best ick treatment.

i lost another neon and i think i am going to lose another one the female guppie is doing better so i will just have 1 neon and 1 female guppie have to clean the frys part to see if i lost any i have 10 maybe ?

well i am down to 1 guppie 1 neon and 6 fry i wont ever use the ick treatment again if there is a next time i am going to use the heat treatment i am not going to listen to my husband

is it ok to get fish now?

after 2 days ? probably not. Which treatment did you use ? And what are the package directions (ie: how many days did it say to add the treatment for ?). There's an article about ich here -> http://www.aquariumadvice.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=32

Here's a quote from the article: It's better to continue treatment till 3 days after seeing the last white spot on your fish; this way you can be fairly sure you have eradicated all the parasites.

If you don't want to continue to use the meds then SLOWLY raise the tank temperature to 87 degrees for two weeks AFTER the last white spot is gone from all the fish. You shouldn't add new fish until after the treatment is completed.

got home from work and the neon and guppie was doing fine went in town for my husband and came back the neon was dead now all i have is the female guppie and two chinese algae eaters:( what should i do if the female guppie dies and all i have is the chinese algae eaters how would i tear the tank down or should i just raise the temp at once or 1 degree every hour or two please help

you need to kill the ich which is throughout your tank which means you need to get the heat up to 87 or 88 degrees. Raise the temperature 1 degree every 6 hours to get to the right temperature
I hope it all works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom