ID help needed on 2 things in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clearancepuppy

Aquarium Advice Freak
The first is what I think could be a snail clutch. There was another but it disappeared. I have a few mystery snails in that tank. Other is a 10 gal with only a small betta, some micriscopic Malaysian trumpet snails and tiny cory. Thin layer of foam has developed on the water.

Attachments

• image-2604050434.jpg
    image-2604050434.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3035655778.jpg
    image-3035655778.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 87
clearancepuppy said:
The first is what I think could be a snail clutch. There was another but it disappeared. I have a few mystery snails in that tank. Other is a 10 gal with only a small betta, some micriscopic Malaysian trumpet snails and tiny cory. Thin layer of foam has developed on the water.

The 2nd I'd say is a bubble nest, you have a male Betta? Males will build bubble nests with or without a female, my Veil Tail does it all of the time. The 1st, looks like a big poop but I could be wrong. What fish are in that tank? A clutch of eggs looks nothing like that & as the other posted stated, it would be above the water line. If you have multiple snails in that tank they will climb out to lay eggs if there isn't enough room under the hood, about 2" above the water line.

Thanks...I thought the Malaysian snails had decided to build a city of nests lol... yes, it's a male betta. Perhaps I should get him a woman :brows:

As for the green thing...I will say this. I had placed some fresh zucchini on forks in the sand to see who'd go for it. Gourami embarrassed himself gorging on it (ok, I was just embarrassed for him). Maybe it's just the waste from that.

clearancepuppy said:
Thanks...I thought the Malaysian snails had decided to build a city of nests lol... yes, it's a male betta. Perhaps I should get him a woman :brows:

As for the green thing...I will say this. I had placed some fresh zucchini on forks in the sand to see who'd go for it. Gourami embarrassed himself gorging on it (ok, I was just embarrassed for him). Maybe it's just the waste from that.

The male betta might terrorize one female, so getting at least 3 would probably be best if you wanted to try and breed them. I'd definitely research it first. Malaysian trumpet snails don't lay eggs or build nests, so it isn't them.

clearancepuppy said:

I wouldn't put any other Bettas with the male, it rarely works. Males & females should only be together infer strict breeding conditions & that's not as simple as most people think. My fish & snails LOVE zucchini, my female Bettas gorge in it as well.

Just kidding about adding a female... I've already had enough pet drama this month 0_o

(Adorable kitten showed up with fur skinned off tail...of course I took her to the vet and they had to remove it, leaving her with a bunny tail. $200+ later *shots/spay/tailectomy* other two inside cats are telling me wtf are you DOING letting that thing in the house :D)

clearancepuppy said:
Just kidding about adding a female... I've already had enough pet drama this month 0_o

(Adorable kitten showed up with fur skinned off tail...of course I took her to the vet and they had to remove it, leaving her with a bunny tail. $200+ later *shots/spay/tailectomy* other two inside cats are telling me wtf are you DOING letting that thing in the house :D)

Ha! I can relate, found a stray puppy back in Aug, my 4 dogs are still giving me that look.

Back
Top Bottom