Idh meds safe for plabts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, I have an ich breakout happening and I have some Quick cure meds for it, is it safe to use with live plants? The fish are tetra which I know are sensitive to meds. The heat and salt method has not been working. Thanks.
And sorry for the title the spell check on my iPod switched it.

Do you have the temp up to 86*? The ich will look worse before it looks better, and it will take about 10 days for it to completely be out of your tank.
I used QuICK Cure, (half doses for tetras and bettas), but I didn't have like plants. Why don't you google live plants in aquarium and malachite or methelyne blue or whatever the ingredients are, and see what comes up.

yes i did that and it is a big nono for plants, im going to try the heat and salt mathod a bit longer see what happens.

Salt can also kill your plants. :( But if they seem to be doing okay, I would stick with it. You could try taking the plants out and putting them somewhere else. I did that and they ended up dying so it didn't work out, but I just put them in a cup in the window.
Since you only have to do the QuICK Cure for a few days, you might be able to get away with it.
I am not sure, but I wish you luck!

thanks! il keep an eye on the plants and if they are starting to curl and brown/yellow i will move them, its just such a big messy process!

Back
Top Bottom