Injured betta! Plz help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noahtk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got a new betta and last night his tank mate tore him up. What should I do? His tail is shredded. I have small tanks open at this time. Plz help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Put him in the small tank then

Did you put other aggressive fish with your betta? Such as crayfish, any shrimp, crab, African cichlids, or other male bettas? And what's your bettas gender?

What other fish were in the tank?

African cichlids. We went to pet supplies plus and they had bettas with cichlids and recommend I get one to add color to my tank. Clearly they didn't know what they were talking about. Poor bettas ?

Oh and it's a male

African cichlids. We went to pet supplies plus and they had bettas with cichlids and recommend I get one to add color to my tank. Clearly they didn't know what they were talking about. Poor bettas ?

Good lord... that's absurd.

Next time please come to the forum to ask before trying to mix fish.

Betta tails have a huge capacity to heal their fins so just put him alone and give him clean water. It will be fine.

For example while sorting my tank out for this betta in the picture, his tail got shredded by the filter flow. He healed up nicely and is the same one that's in my avatar.

75748-albums12252-picture63413.jpg

Good lord... that's absurd.

Next time please come to the forum to ask before trying to mix fish.

Betta tails have a huge capacity to heal their fins so just put him alone and give him clean water. It will be fine.

For example while sorting my tank out for this betta in the picture, his tail got shredded by the filter flow. He healed up nicely and is the same one that's in my avatar.

75748-albums12252-picture63413.jpg

Thank you so much!!! What a relief! I was really worried the little guy.

Any pics?

Make sure the small tank has an adjustable flow filter. Too strong an outflow can knock even a healthy Betta around.

Some sturdy live or silk plants can give him places to rest. No cheap plastic plants, they can damage fins also.

Bettas should be around 80f

An Indian Almond Leaf or piece of leaf, can help him heal also.

This was my last boy in his 10g palace. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425672656.928693.jpg

Back
Top Bottom