Injured black ghost knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samak85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed that my black ghost (12 cm long) has a recent white spot on his side. When i looked further i discovered that it is a little bit deep. I'm worried that one of the other fish might have bitten him. Please if anyone knows how to heal it I'll appreciate it a lot and any type of advice will be very helpful... Thank you very much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1433884256883.jpg
    1433884256883.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 1433884281427.jpg
    1433884281427.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 183
If it is an injury or bite just keep the water clean and it will heal by its self. how ever if it is a bite and you don't remove either him or the fish that did it. It will just happen again.

Thank you but what could it be if not a bite?

I found out that my rainbow shark is being very aggressive to him every time he goes out in the open. He attacks him and harasses him alot. I've never noticed that before.

Please can anybody tell me how to cure the wound? The fish is getting weaker. I'm afraid he will die

He needs to be separated from the shark.
I would remove the shark and offer many waterchanges for the BGK.

He needs to be separated from the shark.
I would remove the shark and offer many waterchanges for the BGK.

+1 BGK are very skittish anyway. I would keep them separated till the BGK gets a good size then add the shark back.

Caleb

You should separate him for now while he heals. Get some melafix. It's all natural and is working great on my tetras cut he got. You just dose it for 7 days it should be enough to cure him in a week. If not you can continue the treatment. Stress coat could help too.

Thank you very much guys, you are so kind and helpful. Unfortunately i couldn't find melafix in the region, so I'm using nystatin cream instead, i hope it will fix the problem. Thank you all again for being so kind.

Careful with the meds if they are "human " grade.
They maty be strong.
Are you applying to the fish skin?
If you can't get shark out(I would think permanent about that), then try to get a couple(not just one) more caves!.
For fish who prefer caves(both the shark and BGK) you need atleast one more cave then number of fish!
Good luck!

Careful with the meds if they are "human " grade.
They maty be strong.
Are you applying to the fish skin?
If you can't get shark out(I would think permanent about that), then try to get a couple(not just one) more caves!.
For fish who prefer caves(both the shark and BGK) you need atleast one more cave then number of fish!
Good luck!

Thank you for your reply
I already removed the shark from the tank and willing to give him to a friend although he is an old friend. I had him for more than 2 years.
There is a plenty of caves and hiding places in the tank and everything was going very well until two days ago. I tried to redecorate the tank but it didn't work. Every time the BGK went out he was attacked. I really don't know what happened. Anyway i hope i can cure the BGK without hurting him or any other fish with the meds. Thank you for your concern and time.

I had a rainbow shark who was great for a few months before he turned into a little monster and attacked any fish that came too close to him. Even my rainbow fish, who actually fought back. So I had to get rid of him. He's in a display tank at a local fish store now so he is living the life!
I hope your ghost gets better soon. I think those fish are so cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks a lot
I gave mine to a friend who has a bigger tank so I think he's having a better life.

Hello again.
I have been using H2O2 and Nystalocal cream on the fish but nothing is getting better, actually it's getting worse. I don't know what's going on. If you can see in the following photos the sore is getting bigger and deeper.
Please any idea can be helpful.

Attachments

• 1434907966252.jpg
    1434907966252.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 1434907983460.jpg
    1434907983460.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom