injured fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a sunset platy that is currently injured. she has a spot on the top of her head right before her fin where it is white and looks like the scales are gone. on top of that her lowest fin has been partially ripped off and is hanging at an angle off of her body. sometimes also she freezes up and just floats around for a few minutes, but this has stopped happening as much. on top of that she hangs around the bottom a lot and her swimming is affected as well.

i recently had my smallest diano have his back fin nearly torn off, sadly he did not make it, and i want to make sure im doing things right.

i took out the filter cartrige and am just letting it run without one while im medicating the tank with melafix. i had just changed the cartridge and was experiencing a bacterial bloom so i am running the cartridge in an extra filter i have in a bucket to help it a little bit for when it comes back. so i am doing water changes every day and am adding melafix with every change. i also added a heater because my temperature was changing way too much and decided keeping it at 80 and possibly bringing it up higher on hot days was better than a temp change of 72 to 82 in two days.

my tank is 10g planted and now i have 3 other dianos with the platy in it. luckily things seem to be getting better, the platy is still eating a lot, and has stopped freezing up for the most part (havent seen it in two days). but i want to make sure im doing the right stuff

Back
Top Bottom