injured glofish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackeyanne2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so i just got a new glofish tetra and last night he got caught on the filter. i believe he got stuck between the filter and the rocks because the filter is too low (should i move it up or put it right into the rocks?) i turned it off as soon as i realized and he swam away but now he has a slight curve in his body and seems to be off balance/ have a hurt fin. he just is floating around mostly and he cannot get his head up to eat. he can swim but not as fast.
i’m a very new fish owner and idk what to do

so i just got a new glofish tetra and last night he got caught on the filter. i believe he got stuck between the filter and the rocks because the filter is too low (should i move it up or put it right into the rocks?) i turned it off as soon as i realized and he swam away but now he has a slight curve in his body and seems to be off balance/ have a hurt fin. he just is floating around mostly and he cannot get his head up to eat. he can swim but not as fast.

i’m a very new fish owner and idk what to do

I would think raising the filter would be better than putting it in the rocks.

Fish don’t usually get stuck on filter intakes unless they’re sick.

Most likely something else caused the problem and getting stuck to the intake is just because it is unwell.

Can you look at the sticky in this forum and give us that information? Are you familiar with cycling and do you know if your tank is cycled?

Back
Top Bottom