Injured Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceFish42

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed that one of my black neon tetras has a large part of its anal fin missing, and is swimming very oddly. (Corkscrewing, flipping over, swimming upside down, etc.)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442679823.713991.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442679839.532948.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442679858.383955.jpg
I have no idea how it was injured, as I haven't observed any aggression whatsoever from the other fish. What should I do???

Are you able to isolate the fish that's hurt? My educated guess it that an antibacterial will be needed to keep the wound clean

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh no! I'm sorry. Do you think another fish took a bite out the affected fin?

How long did you have the fish in the tank? I think I missed something, why did this fish have stress?

How long did you have the fish in the tank? I think I missed something, why did this fish have stress?

I've had it for several months. I meant that it could have been stressed from the injury.

Oh ok. I'd keep an eye out for aggression just in case it was another fish who caused the injury.

Back
Top Bottom