INSTANT REPLIES PLEASE!!! 5 FISH ARE SUFFERING!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, the tank is a bit overstocked. You really should consider bringing a few back to the store or getting a bigger tank. The bala will for sure outgrow the tank, they can get to a foot long. The tiger barbs and the loaches should get at least a 30 gal. It is up to you what you're going to do though..

I was told that bala's grow to suit their environment and that it would be ok.?!
He seems fine to me at the moment, he's very active and swimming about the tank at all levels and going in all the caves and decor etc..

If i do take some fish back then i think i want to have a fully planted tank (like the photo's of the monthly contest) with small fish (tetra's, danio's, harlequins etc..)

How are gravel vacs done with the bottom of the tank covered in plant?
Any suggestions or advice about having a fully planted tank?

Well, first off, your fish do not 'fit' the size of the tank. Normally, you research what their needs are and you see if you can provide them. This is the only way for the fish to lead a relatively happy life in your setup.

I would strongly advice against more plants, since they take away all swimming space. I tried the same thing, and I would end up with all my fish crammed into a corner of my tank, where there were no plants. Their coloration got worse and everything, so it's not good for them that they aren't able to swim more then an inch before having to make a u-turn.

Your 20g is still overstocked, although some fish passed away. You could pull it off if you have extra filtration (more then that what came with the tank). But I still would advice you to return some fish, and definetly your bala shark, and tiger barbs.

no i meant i would take some fish back i.e bala and tiger barbs, then have a fully planted tank with only small fish.

I actually thought about buying another filter ,so you would advise me too?

Back
Top Bottom