internal parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asbestos

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had a platy that i suspected had internal parasites but he died before i could begin treatment. his only symptom was a sunken belly. well i just did 2 doses over 48 hours using jungle fizz tabs, so i took my shrimp out so that they wold not die. its been 72 hours and 2 tablets later. i added the carbon back into the filter. now how long should i wait before i can put my shrimp back into the tank? also it looks like one of my platys is showing symptoms that the other one had. but my ammonia levels are high so should i be concerned?

If you ammonia levels are high you should do a pwc.

yeah during the initial treatment i would do a 5% water change about 2-4 time a day. but when i tested it, it had slightly going up. so i don't know if my sick platy is just sick from the ammonia or he is still infested.

Should i do another water change? and when can i move my shrimp back in?

my ammonia was a little high and everything else was fine when i checked it late yesterday. I am more worried about the jungle fizz tabs killing them, should i wait another day for the carbon to filter it out? or what

Back
Top Bottom