Internal Parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks. I think I will only have enough for three doses though (your directions say 4) because I might have overdosed on day? I don't know. But they seem better so that's good.

removing carbon filter does not impact biological bacteria right?

Removing the carbon should have no effect on bacteria. the BB are sticky and coat all the surfaces in your filter, especially the fiber mash of the filter itself. Sure, some is probably stuck on the carbon, but it will be a small percentage of your overall colony.

This is a good thread for me as I have had an ongoing parasite problem that could not be eradicated by waterlife products. I was recommended api general cure.

It is hard to get hold of here as I believe we are quite strict on those meds here in the UK and you need a prescription.

I only bought one box that treats 100 gallons. My tank is 47 gallon so just enough for the recommended 2 dose in the back of the box.

Symptoms included flashing, staying at the surface, breathing heavily, stringy white poop, erratic swimming and opening mouth wide.

I fed once before treating as I haven't been feeding a great deal since the parasite arrived. I will lay off feeding now for a couple of days. Temp has not been altered. Next dose in 48 hours following a water change. I'll post results.

Back
Top Bottom