Is he sick??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaitlyns17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473081622.731349.jpg

So this is my white skirt blushing tetras and I've had them for about a week. He was In the tank with one other smaller one but this morning I found the smaller one dead. I'm not sure why it could be cause my tank isn't fully cycled but I've been doing 25% water changes almost every day thanks to my bristle nose making a mess. Do my other fish look like they might die soon too? I'm kind of attached to them
(I'd post a current picture of my pleco but he decided he doesn't want to come out after his active night of eating ?)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473081839.566705.jpg
That's him last night

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Update I found my bigger one dead an hour ago?very sad. I think it's a problem with my nitrogen cycle will my pleco be fine with a betta until I can cycle the bigger tank? I don't wanna risk losing him

Sad news :(. Do you have a water test kit or can your lfs test?

Yeah I have test kits. My grandfather admitted to completely washing out my filter and entire tank so I just tested my water again and had huge amounts of ammonia now I have to start over again? hoping my little pleco can make it through another cycling I've grown quite attached

Yeah I have test kits. My grandfather admitted to completely washing out my filter and entire tank so I just tested my water again and had huge amounts of ammonia now I have to start over again? hoping my little pleco can make it through another cycling I've grown quite attached

Just in case - does your water conditioner detoxify ammonia?

yes like delapool said, get prime or amquel
ammonia will make fish sick even with PWC every day
Prime or amquel plus or "ammo lock" chips can rememdy this and allow fish-in cycles, provided you use common sense and dont feed much.
But its much faster to simply fishless cycle a tank with fish food.
With fish in there, you have to let the ammonia barely build up, and this takes much longer to finish the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom