Is it wrong for me to euthanize this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a very sharp knife to sever the spinal cord at the base of his head, like you would do to clean a fish caught for eating.
but if you get it wrong your doing more damage then good, to your sanity as well as the fish..

I brought this up on another local forum I visit and many members are against the idea of clove oil, alcohol etc, because you don't know when the fish would be aneathesized and it takes time, ultimatly the fish is probably suffering more..the best method we come up with, as sad as it sounds was to put the fish in a bag with just enough water for it to float freely, spin it around in circles rapidly above your head for a minute or two, then slam it down on a hard surface as hard as you possibly can.
This, we thought, is the most painless way for both fish and owner (parent i prefer)
It is quick and efficient, most of all, somewhat stress free for the fish.

Of course it's hard to do, whichever way you do it, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
No doubt people will have problems with this method so i'll conclude by saying this is just my peers and my opinion..
All the best.

I dont know how bad is dropsy for goldfish. My bettas had dropsy, I lost 7 fishes. It's pretty much fatal for bettas.
You can always do a 100% water change, isolated the fish and treat it with
Maracyn. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom