Is my BN plec ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wayne487

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I asked at the LFS and they said as long as he's eating and active he's fine but I'm still worried. I bought 2 BN plecs around 3 weeks ago (1 male 1 female but not a breeding pair that I know of just coincidence) and the female has stayed her normal brown colour (but has developed a white tip to her tail?) and the male has changed colour entirely and has been like it for around 2weeks. Picture attached of male but poor quality and can't get one of the female at all she's too shy.

Any help or information greatly appreciated I'm still worried about him

Attachments

• image-1197189189.jpg
    image-1197189189.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 72
I think he's ok ! Mine changes colour all the time, and now I've changed to sand he's much paler when he comes out in a morning, his belly is so pale and we watch it change colour while he's eating a wafer that's stuck on the glass ...some times he looks camouflaged .. Other times one solid colour , he's weird :) but great fish and nothing wrong with him, he's done it ever since we got him nearly 2 years ago ..

Ok so I asked at the LFS and they said as long as he's eating and active he's fine but I'm still worried. I bought 2 BN plecs around 3 weeks ago (1 male 1 female but not a breeding pair that I know of just coincidence) and the female has stayed her normal brown colour (but has developed a white tip to her tail?) and the male has changed colour entirely and has been like it for around 2weeks. Picture attached of male but poor quality and can't get one of the female at all she's too shy.

Any help or information greatly appreciated I'm still worried about him

I think he's fine- they do change colour according to the substrate/wood etc tjey are on. They also and go patchy when stressed or in bright light. Be sure to keep on top of your water quality and they'll be fine.
Have you tried feeding a slice of raw cucumber? Mine can't stay in hiding when that's on offer :lol:

I think he's fine- they do change colour according to the substrate/wood etc tjey are on. They also and go patchy when stressed or in bright light. Be sure to keep on top of your water quality and they'll be fine.
Have you tried feeding a slice of raw cucumber? Mine can't stay in hiding when that's on offer :lol:

No I did try once but I think I left it in too long and it went funny :(

Mine loves steamed broccoli, but only the stem, learnt that one the hard way I was cleaning up florets for weeks ! I bought a screwcumber for my cucumber , the broccoli just sinks he prefers broccoli ..

Back
Top Bottom