Is my fish in pain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a week ago one of my fish went missing and I couldn't find her for two days. I took everything out of my tank and put it all back and she was nowhere to be found. I started to think maybe my cat somehow got her hands in the tank or maybe the other fish ate her but a couple days later I looked in my tank and she was back! I think she may have gotten into one of the shells so I took all of the big ones out. Her fins were all torn up and she's been hiding in the plants ever since it happened. She swims weird too. She is the yellow one on the top right in the picture. Sorry its such a bad picture but she's been hiding back there so I couldn't get a better one. Ive put stress zyme and stress coat in the tank but is there anything else I should do? She's my favorite little one :'( In addition to the fish in the picture I have 2 neons and 2 feeder guppies, I thought they were cute. OH! And another question. Why is my female guppy growing twice as fast as my male? He's barley grown since I got him about two weeks ago and she's already double if not triple the size of him!

Thanks guys!!

Attachments

• image-125033139.jpg
    image-125033139.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1341723629.jpg
    image-1341723629.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 94
The best thing you can do for it is put it in another tank all by itself. It's still in danger if you leave it in the tank. Can't help you with the guppy thing. Maybe the females are just larger. That's normal in some species of fish

The best thing you can do for it is put it in another tank all by itself. It's still in danger if you leave it in the tank. Can't help you with the guppy thing. Maybe the females are just larger. That's normal in some species of fish

How long should I keep it in the other tank? Will its fins grow back?

Back
Top Bottom