is my fish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcus01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey im really worried about my fish I think he is sick but im not sure and if he is what can I do about it, I don't want my other fish getting sick either.

this is a pic of him -
fish pic 1.jpg

fish pic 2.jpg

Looks like ich to me, it is contagious and has probably already spread through your tank, yes ich is a disease, please post tank size, types off fish and water parameters as in ammonia /Nitrite/Nitrate, the thing with ich is it is deadly if not treated and not all fish recover, i have treated it 2 ways, ich does not like warm water so i turn my tank up to 85-86 degrees, and use aquarium salt, to do this you must have air stones you can set on full blast because the warmer the water the less oxygen for the fish, then there's treatment 2, I still set the aeration on high and temo to 85-86 and use a product called rid ich +, water changes are crucial when treating ich, you will have to do water changes every single day before your next dose of rid ich+ vacuuming the gravel thoroughly, not all gravel because you don't want to disrupt your bio bed cause when ich falls off it goes in your gravel /filter, it floats in the tank and attaches to another fish, i would do rid ich +, if you have carbon in your filter you have to remove it (only if it's in a separate pounce and not in the cartridge) if it's a cartridge filter DO NOT REMOVE as it has all your beneficial bacteria on it and your tank will go through a cycle. Tell me what types of fish you have and water parameters because if you have scale less fish you have to treat the tank differently.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom