Is one tablespoon per 5 gallons good for ich treatment.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't want to overdue it with the salt I have some tetras and cortdoras and a bn pleco. I am in the process of raising my temp to 86 degrees

I would say it's too much. I think 1 tbsp per 10 gallons is adequate. This is what the box of aquarium salt says. I would check first to see if the bn classifies as a smooth-skinned creature like a loach, although I dont think so. If so, you may have to treat him separately with checmicals as the salt may burn his skin.

Also, do pwc's daily and increase your tanks temp slowly to 86 degrees and leave it there for a couple of weeks (keeping up with the pwc's). This will kill the ich.

I would then decrease the temp to about 80 and keep it there along with constant dosing of salt if your bn will tolerate it. I do this and I havent had an outbreak in over a year.

Thanks I hope no fish die from the increase temp. I have neons, peppered cory catfish, rainbow fish, diamond tetras, and bn pleco.

I keep a multitude of different tetras, mollies, neons, tiger barbs, gouramis, otos and female bettas in my tanks and they dont seem to have any ill effects from it.

This is what im doing. 1 tablespoon of salt for every 10 gallons, my temp is currently 84 it will be 86 tomorrow. I will do pwc every other day for 10to 14 days. Does this sound good? When will I see the white dots disappear?

1 tablespoon per balloon seems like a lot. I put 1 for every 10 gallons. That link u sent me says to give salt sensitive fish 1 tbsp per 1 gallon. It looks like most. If the icy is off the fish. Can this be possible its only been a day

Im just finishing day 3 of my salt and heat treatment and I attached a picture of one of my diamond tetras. There are some white spots on his tail fin. This is ich right? I have noticed that a lot more of these fish have those dots. I have my temp at 86 and salt 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons.

ForumRunner_20111123_203427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom