Is this a good 30g community?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
For a 30g, can i get some help with my tank?

-1 angelfish
-5 long fin red minor tetras
-3 ottos
-3 silver hatchet fish?

I don't think anyone replied because this was in unhealthy fish...I'm sure if you moved it into general disscussion by asking a mod you'd get much more responses. :)

It sounds fine to me, just bump up the school of hatchets to five instead. Also add the otos after the tank has been established for two or three months beforehand and you know you have a good established colony of bacteria.

Omg!!! Ahahaha i'm so sorry!!! This was in the unhealthy fish!!! Xd so sorry no wonder!!!! Im so sorry!!!

But its just that i dont know how to move this though, sorry :( but its okay

If I were you, I would replace the red minors with a species of similar color. Red minors can be fin nippers and angels have long, lovely fins. Of course, some people keep them together and don't have a problem, but I have found red minors to be nippy. I agree with bruins that you should up the hatchet number to 5. They will be more comfortable that way.

If I were you, I would replace the red minors with a species of similar color. Red minors can be fin nippers and angels have long, lovely fins. Of course, some people keep them together and don't have a problem, but I have found red minors to be nippy. I agree with bruins that you should up the hatchet number to 5. They will be more comfortable that way.

So you're saying since red minors are nippy fish, i should get an "orangy" angelfish? if thats fine?
Or should i upgrade it to a 50g, (I might have some money for it) (and because it seems a bit to overcrowded with needing 5 hatchetfish) and get 5-6 bleeding heart skirt tetras instead?

oh i see :D but are bleeding heart skirt tetras fine though? I saw them and they are pretty colorful.

Back
Top Bottom