is this a parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My goldfish have these weird like scratches across their scales. The first one I thought must've just scrapped itself on something in the tank but now theres more of them. Its not like the line is actually a solid scratch though. Its like dotted from scale to scale making a line. Really weird. I cant get a photo but I found a photo of what it looks like. Could it be from my new filter intake valve?
If you look you can see a thin line running from the head to the start of the tail right down the middle of the body.

Left_Metynis.jpeg

google lateral line receptors, they're a sensory organ,there is also a lateral line disease so if the spots look irritated maybe do some research into that

That sounds like exactly what it is. Great...thats why my fish are suddenly so sick. Treatment sounds like increased water quality and a better diet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that fish in the photo looks more like a Silver Dollar than a goldfish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that fish in the photo looks more like a Silver Dollar than a goldfish.

You are correct but that isnt my fish. I said I could'nt get a photo so I found a picture of what it looks like.

If its lateral line deiase(spelled terribly wrong) would there make sence for there to be two lines and not just one?

So I read better nutrition is a good start to helping this and I'm going to check for any stray voltage problems when my dad gets home. Shared some oranges with my goldies at lunch :)

Back
Top Bottom