Is this Alright

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I finally found some medicated fish food for internal parasites to treat my gourami. However she wont eat them if I just throw them in, so I crush them up and then soak the bits in water for a bit to soften them up. She will eat them then when I roll up the bits in alittle ball in my hand and feed them to her. Is this alright to do?

It's 100% better than her not eating it.

Hopefully the problem is internal parasites and the medicated food helps. Best of luck to you, and I hope your gourami makes it through.

Add as little water as possible. You don't want the meds to be in the wtar instead of the food. Will it eat the crushed food without soaking it first? I have my medicated food in a pepper grinder.

richiestang_78 said:
Alright yeah her poops been white and stringy and peas didnt help so it has to be parasites.

I too, tried jungle lab's pellets with my gourami, but my fish (none of them) would eat it! So then I used Gel-tek Ultra Cure rX from Aquarium Products, and you can use that with your normal food. They ate like normal, and in fact would try to eat the gel itself. So if they still wont eat it, then try that (it totally got rid of the parasites too).

Back
Top Bottom