is this Demasoni ok or just not fed much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SerLunchbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i got this demasoni free of charge ... the problem is in the belly area. (it is circled) So it looks to be concave into the body. I am thinking that it wasn't well fed at all early on ... but i am not sure. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks

Doesn't look good to me, very sunken belly, could be symptomatic of various problems from starvation to internal parasites.
Is it eating now?

it is eating fine ... very hungry ... voracious appetite.
The demasoni is in with its 4 others that were in the same tank with it. I think i may QT the whole tank just to be safe rather then sorry

Awesome, its eating well, couldn't ask for a better sign :D
I would feed as much as it can eat in about two minutes atleast 4-6x per day, observe defecation/feces if possible, watch for weight gain and behavior before I would medicate.

i am feeding well .. the belly area is still curved inwards. The feces is slightly stringy (mostly a whitish/brownish color) for now in some and the behavoir is fine on most. They are very shy it seems for now ... well skittish. As soon as i go in for a look, they all hide.

They are eating like pigs ... i got some medication just to be safe rather then sorry.

I am just thinking that because they are still an inch or less long that the feces would be small/stringy anyways ... i have no idea.

**UPDATE**
Well, it is looking lke the Demasoni are putting on some weight. I am seriously thinking that they were (a) under fed / malnourished and (b) they were still quite young and growing. The bellies that were curved into them have diminished a lot but a couple still have some curved in, but i expect that it will go away soon enough. so, does this sound really promising or should i still really watch them like i have been lately?

well, here is my last update. It looks like i did have an internal parasite. I added some medications to the tank so that it wouldn't spread to the other demasoni in my tank. and now they all look to be healthy, eating well and putting on weight. so it is VERY promising. There is only one demasoni left that looks slightly still unhealthy but that could be because he/she was the hardest hit of the entire group. Now i have to find an algae eater that will be left alone by the demasoni (lol ... it just never stops it seems!)

Back
Top Bottom