Is this fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fungus looks like I could just take it off (but I'm not going to) so I'm guessing that the salt is working? I've started to put the salt in slower because she looked a little stressed last night but she looks better today.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It makes sense, either it will have a clump fall off or get whittled back.

I find with treating fungal that the thickness of it decreases, then it starts to reduce in area but could be just me.

Edit - what salt level are you now at?

I don't know but there is at least a 1/4 of a teaspoon in there probably a little more.

Yay! I think it's starting to go away! Is it possible for fungus to go away that fast?

Grr, deleted draft.

Good news!

Yes, can go quick. Should see results in a few days for treating fungal otherwise time to re-think. Make sure with water changes that not putting in colder water otherwise might get more fungal infection.

I'd keep salt dosing and increasing as long as doing ok. I've had tetras and catfish at several tablespoons per 5 gallons for weeks so she should hopefully cope.

She has passed away ? I was looking at her and it seems that where the fungus was it was all red. Is the normal?

She has passed away ? I was looking at her and it seems that where the fungus was it was all red. Is the normal?

Was going so well. Darn it. :(

Redness could of been bacterial infection or a wound. So may have had bacterial infection with secondary fungus. Hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom