Is this fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking maybe we could put a sponge or something around the intake to slow it down - guess I'll have to look into that so I don't end up blowing up the filter...
You will be okay with that. Also adding silk plants to break up the current will help.

I had my very first betta in a 3 gallon Eclipse tank. He was very uncomfortable in the current, so I returned the tank. I couldn't figure out how to reduce the current. (I'm not too good with DIY stuff, and this was before AA!) Consider PMing swanandmokashi. He has a betta in a 3 gallon Eclipse and I'm pretty sure he made some water flow modifications.

It's a shame this is a problem with these tanks, since most Eclipse or Regent systems sold are the small ones, which are perfect for bettas and are so contained and tidy looking. When I had a betta in a 3-gal Eclipse I had to put a relatively large silk plant in to block the flow a little.

Believe it or not we had the large silk plant deal going.. It was right in front of the flow too - I'm guessing either the flow wasn't what was stressing him or my particular plant just wasn't cutting it.

I'm going to do some research on how to modify the flow another way and if I can't turn anything up than I will take your advice and PM swanandmokashi.

Back
Top Bottom