Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Is this fungus on tail fin? Picture

These two spots just showed up this week on my female Snakeskin Gourami's tail. This is an awesome fish and I don't want to lose her.

Can anyone identify what this is and how to treat it?

Thanks!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Forgot to add that my alpha pink gourami's been chasing all of the other gourami in the tank. He's quite mean. Those two spots are bigger today.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did you figure this out? My goldfish has something identical on her tail and now its on her scales too
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Have you got anymore pics, my fish get this when their fins are healing from a attack.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

I never completely diagnosed this but I'm pretty sure it's some form of mold or algae.

I found that it comes and goes without incident if you're doing regular water changes. I'm doing a 50% WC a week (in a 150 gal). The water literally cures them and it goes away. These spots seem to occur on certain fish more than others. I suspect these would spread if you don't have a weekly water change in place. I'm sure someone on this forum knows the technical name for this.

Langerz - Sorry, I started this thread a year ago and don't have any more pictures. That same fish is still alive and healthy. The fish never acts sick, just gets those spots then they go away on their own.

Miyavp - Sounds like you need to post some pictures in a new thread.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardynas View Post
I never completely diagnosed this but I'm pretty sure it's some form of mold or algae.

I found that it comes and goes without incident if you're doing regular water changes. I'm doing a 50% WC a week (in a 150 gal). The water literally cures them and it goes away. These spots seem to occur on certain fish more than others. I suspect these would spread if you don't have a weekly water change in place. I'm sure someone on this forum knows the technical name for this.

Langerz - Sorry, I started this thread a year ago and don't have any more pictures. That same fish is still alive and healthy. The fish never acts sick, just gets those spots then they go away on their own.

Miyavp - Sounds like you need to post some pictures in a new thread.
I'd love too but my fish is light orange and the spots do not show up well...She also has some sort of fungus growing on her side but it started out with those spots. I hope you dont mind if I snagged your photo for my thread as an example of what they look like. Since I cant get any photos. I'm treating her with kanaplex right now.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

No problem using picture.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks. I hope my fish are gonna be okay =\

Tags
fin, fungus, picture, tail, tail fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com