Is this ich? I'm afraid of the answer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't pinch the hose closed? A python is my next purchase, so I am curious

Nope! Works like a charm ;)

Plus it's a good idea with a 18 month boy running around lol. It had that better piece on the end but with it off I can get the hose into smaller spaces to clean and pickup debris.

Not to highjack.... but how do you temp match with the python?

I start the water sequence in the sink before I tune the valve to fill tank. In other words... I leave the siphon on but the hose out of the water so the only water coming out is tap. I then turn the hot side on and try and temp match there. Once I'm happy I'm time the valve to fill tank. I'll keep an eye on the thermometer and feel with my hands to make sure.

Never had any problems doing it like that.

Thanks! I will probably get one this weekend. With the 2 55 gallons, the buckets are getting old in my old age! lol After all the PWC with my ich outbreak, I figured it is time! Glad both our tanks are finally healthy!

Thanks! I will probably get one this weekend. With the 2 55 gallons, the buckets are getting old in my old age! lol After all the PWC with my ich outbreak, I figured it is time! Glad both our tanks are finally healthy!

Me too!! Good job on both sides! :)

And yeah... Your gonna love the water changer.

So I hear lol. I should have done it long ago! And I am proud of us! One casualty out of all those fish! I still can't get the slight haze out of my water. I did a 75% change the other night and it cleared up, woke up the next day and it was back!
All params are good. It is boggling my mind. Pushed me over the edge on the water changer!

So I hear lol. I should have done it long ago! And I am proud of us! One casualty out of all those fish! I still can't get the slight haze out of my water. I did a 75% change the other night and it cleared up, woke up the next day and it was back!
All params are good. It is boggling my mind. Pushed me over the edge on the water changer!

Yeah I'm not sure. Could have been all the water changes. It might clear up now that your back to normal. One of the tanks at the firehouse was like that and I was doing daily water changes. Seemed it was getting worse. I stopped the water changes as it got better.

So far so good. To down now to 77.8-78.0 I'm happy, fish look happy and healthy. Thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom