Issues with Ich and treatment ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
My 35 and 72G tank had some water quality issues and I am taking down the 35G to change to SW.

I am using a very large tub/tote to use as the treatment container for plants and rocks and decor (no fish hosts for the ICH), and the 72G tank as a treatment for the fish as everything in there will have been affected.

The 72G I am going to try to use heat and salt treatment, just got additional heaters as the current ones were not powerful enough.

As for the plants they will have to stay in there for the duration of the heat treatment. A long time ago when I had an out break, I killed off a bunch of plants by getting them too hot.

I have Pimafix and started with that last night.

Can Pimafix be used while using heat treatment?

I know I will need additional Oxygen while increasing the heat.

Any other help /suggestions would be appreciated.

The water quality is good now.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates ~1 or 2 ppm, almost didn't register any color.

You could I think use Pimafix with heat treatment but it would be kind of risky. Unless an infection started up or the fish looked off, I'd hold off until you are dropping the temp down. I have found a half dose on day 1 and another half dose on day 3 (well mixed in) can perk a fish up that looks quite off but has no signs of anything.

Back
Top Bottom