It looks like Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenjen1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

So I am new to keeping an aquarium and am completely clueless, but learning, onto what is necessary for my aquarium. Recently, my betta has had its ups and downs and right now I am seeking a bit of advice as to what to do.

I've had my Raymond since September and he's been a happy fish. Recently, I set him up in a 10 gal. aquarium where I added 4 glo-lite tetras and a bamboo shrimp. There are also a few live plants in there. The tetras bullied my betta and used to bite his fin. I separated him and added bettafix which has made his tail grow back to normal. Now, I see little specs around his fins and they are starting to grow on his body. I separated him again (he doesn't seem too happy about that) and am wondering what steps to take next. He is in a small "hospital" tank right now. The rest of my fishes and shrimp are in the 10 gal. aquarium. I will test the water in the morning and add more information.

Here's a picture of Raymond.

I tried my best to show the little specs but some have disappeared. He has them now on his little fins.
Ever since I put him in the hospital tank, which was about 2 days ago, his back fin looks as if he has fin rot. Now he appears to be scratching against the walls of the aquarium.
I checked the levels of the water and they appear to be normal.

p.s. there is poor lighting in my house so he doesn't look as vibrant as he normally is

Attachments

• _DSC4796.jpg
    _DSC4796.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 81
Yeah, the other fish I got them recently from Petco... and no I couldn't take the things off.

Also, as I got home from work, my mom told me that he died. :(
I'm a little sad I couldn't do much to save him.

Back
Top Bottom