Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Itchy Fish

I have 8 African cichlids, 5 clown loaches and an Albino pleco in a 4 ft tank, do a waterchange weekly and a gravel vacume fortnightly. Currently I do not have a carbon filter in the tank as I have been treating fish for ich. But its not seemimg to work, starting to think it lice in the water or someting. Honestly I cant remember or pronounce the cichlids names as most of them were not their common names when we bought them, except the electric yellow ( worst offender itching ) sometimes he goes discoloured on his nose and face like a black colour then he will go back to bright yellow. I dont know if that is relevant. If I have forgottern anything just ask as im new to this please help and thank you

Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How long is the tank set up and do you know what your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph levels are?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #3

The tanks been set up for about 7 months now and pretty sure everythings ok with the water, everytime we test it, its been fine
Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #4

Well the ph and the amonia is ok im sure but not sure about nitrate, how do I test that?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com