Itchy Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 8 African cichlids, 5 clown loaches and an Albino pleco in a 4 ft tank, do a waterchange weekly and a gravel vacume fortnightly. Currently I do not have a carbon filter in the tank as I have been treating fish for ich. But its not seemimg to work, starting to think it lice in the water or someting. Honestly I cant remember or pronounce the cichlids names as most of them were not their common names when we bought them, except the electric yellow ( worst offender itching ) sometimes he goes discoloured on his nose and face like a black colour then he will go back to bright yellow. I dont know if that is relevant. If I have forgottern anything just ask as im new to this :) please help and thank you :)

How long is the tank set up and do you know what your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph levels are?

The tanks been set up for about 7 months now and pretty sure everythings ok with the water, everytime we test it, its been fine :)

Well the ph and the amonia is ok im sure but not sure about nitrate, how do I test that?

Back
Top Bottom