Jungle Fungus Clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm treating my tank with Jungle Fungus Guard and I was very surprised to see how blue the water has turned! How long does it take for the color to go away?

I'm not sure how long that one lasts, but it will stain your silicone sealant unfortunately. :(

Jungle Fungus Guard probably contains methylene blue if it turned the water very blue. I never used the Fungus Guard, but I have used Kordon's methylene blue. After treatment, you'll have to do a 40-50% water change and then run carbon for about 24 hours to remove the color.

Is this a QT tank? The silicon will be stained - you'll see bluish stains on the silicon for a year or more. The staining may be permanent, although they will gradually fade. Also, watch out for an ammonia spike - meth. blue can impact the biological filtration if it's not a QT tank.

I've used it... The color stays there the whole time you use the meds... mine went away though for the most part just naturally after about... maybe 2-3 weeks. Not all of it went away though but you can't see it that much. Only stained the silicon like they said :) HTH

Unfortunately, it's not a QT tank. I have to many fish showing odd symptoms (fin rot, scraping up against the gravel, etc.) so I'm treating the entire tank. I already treated with Jungle Parasite Clear, but didn't see any major improvements. From the research I've done if no improvements are noted it may take another med so I'm giving this a shot. Anyway, to many fish are acting off to move to a QT tank.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ammonia spike. I'll definitely watch out for that. As far as the silicone being stained, I more concerned with the fish's health so as long as they all pull through I couldn't care less about having blue silicone. :)

********** EDITED TO ADD PHOTO ***********

Looking at the tank now, I think it's more of a green color. It says on the box it's safe for fish and plants (which I have no plants) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is. I only did a little over half the recommended dose. I HATE using meds! I'm always so afraid I'll lose some of them. :(

Anyway, here's the picture of my tank being treated....
tank.jpg

I've used both Parasite Clear and the Fungus one.. I've both had luck and not had luck in both aspects.. I have to say that it's not the BEST medicine out there as far as what I've used.

What are you using it for if you don't mind me asking ^__^

GouramiFanatic said:
I have to many fish showing odd symptoms (fin rot, scraping up against the gravel, etc.)
The "fin rot" could be just that the tiger barbs are being nippy or the gouramis going after each other.
Scraping against the gravel is usually a sign of parasites. Have you introduced any new fish into this tank recently?

I very rarely see any of the Gouramis picking on another one. The Opaline will mainly chase the others around from time to time, but to actually nip at their fins, I haven't see it. The Barbs mainly stick together. Every now and then they'll split up and one will chase another fish, but I've never seen this go on long enough or frequent enough to think that's what's going on.

Yes, I did add a Ropefish to my tank without QTing him (I know... I know) and I believe he did come home with some parasites. I posted some pics of him a while back and someone said it looked like Anchor Worms. He must've brought Ich with him as well. Since then I've been treating the entire tank using the heat method (no salt) and I dosed the tank with Jungle Ich Parasite Clear.

While all of this was gong on, my male Pearl Gourami developed some redness on his dorsal fin and it began to look kind of ragged. He also stopped eating and just hovered under the waterflow from the filter. I tested the water and the nitrates had risen to 40-80ppm. I immediately did some PWC to get it down to about 20ppm and started dosing with Melafix. He's doing 100% better now and I thought I was going in the right direction until I noticed that one of my Dojos had lost his dorasl fin! I decided to try to treat with Jungle Fungus Clear to see if that helps and so far it seems to be.

Back
Top Bottom