Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Jungle Labs parasite clear tabs

Hey everyone,

as some of you may know my Dwarf Gourami seems to have some sort of internal parasite. A few people here suggested I try the Jungle Labs product to try and clear it up, but I have a few questions:

1.) Is it ok to treat my main tank? Unfortunatly I do not have a Q. tank, so the main tank itself would have to be treated.

2.) How do you use the product? I have a Whisper HOB filter with the Bio-Bag cartridges, which I know contain charcoal. I also know charcoal removes medications from the water. Would I have to just remove the Bio-Bag and treat the tank, then insert a new one to remove the medication?

3.) Does it work? plain and simple =p

Thanks for any insight!

Old 05-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
1) it really depends on what species are in your tank. Some fish are more susceptible to the ill effects of medications then other. If it is a parasite though, your other fish MAY have contracted it.

2) If you use a tablet, you can either drop it in or crush it up. If it is in capsule form, then open that up and dump in the correct amount. Yes, take your bio-bag out as the charcoal will absorb all the meds and not be of any use.

3) most times yes it will work. There is always a small percentage of the time that these meds for parasitic infections don't work

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I think SerLunchbox summed it up well.

Good luck!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok, sounds like I'll have to go pick some up.

About the sensitive species, this is what I have:

3 Zebra Danios
4 Corys
1 Clown Pleco
1 Sunset Gourami
1 Dwarf Gourami (the only one the appears sick)
1 Otto

Are any of these very sensitive to the parasite meds? If so, is there another product I can try before hand?

Tags
clear, jungle, parasite, parasite clear

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com