Jungle Labs parasite clear tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunakadub

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone,

as some of you may know my Dwarf Gourami seems to have some sort of internal parasite. A few people here suggested I try the Jungle Labs product to try and clear it up, but I have a few questions:

1.) Is it ok to treat my main tank? Unfortunatly I do not have a Q. tank, so the main tank itself would have to be treated.

2.) How do you use the product? I have a Whisper HOB filter with the Bio-Bag cartridges, which I know contain charcoal. I also know charcoal removes medications from the water. Would I have to just remove the Bio-Bag and treat the tank, then insert a new one to remove the medication?

3.) Does it work? plain and simple =p

Thanks for any insight!

1) it really depends on what species are in your tank. Some fish are more susceptible to the ill effects of medications then other. If it is a parasite though, your other fish MAY have contracted it.

2) If you use a tablet, you can either drop it in or crush it up. If it is in capsule form, then open that up and dump in the correct amount. Yes, take your bio-bag out as the charcoal will absorb all the meds and not be of any use.

3) most times yes it will work. There is always a small percentage of the time that these meds for parasitic infections don't work

Ok, sounds like I'll have to go pick some up.

About the sensitive species, this is what I have:

3 Zebra Danios
4 Corys
1 Clown Pleco
1 Sunset Gourami
1 Dwarf Gourami (the only one the appears sick)
1 Otto

Are any of these very sensitive to the parasite meds? If so, is there another product I can try before hand?

Back
Top Bottom