Killer fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phrozian

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I've recently stocked my 22L tank with 2 male guppies and 6 cardinal tetras. I had the tank at 28 degrees C and was in pristine conditions...

After the first day, the first cardinal tetra passed away. The scales on one side of his body was completely gone, along with his fins.

The second day, a second cardinal tetra passed as well, this time, with similar injuries but on the underside of his belly.

Later that same day, one of the guppies also passed, he had a red bloody streak that ran from his gills to his eye, and one of his eyes were visibly damaged. He also swam blindly, bumping into everything before he finally passed... I noticed his tail and fins were damaged, almost like it was nipped away...

I suspect it might be the other male guppy that has been attacking these fishes... However, could any infection/virus/fungus do such severe damage to individual fishes? So far, I've isolated the suspect into another 20L tank, I'm hoping I wouldn't see any other dead bodies tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom