Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

King Betta with Internal Parasite and Dropsy

hi, I have a giant (king) betta who Iíve had for roughly 8 or 9 months, purchased from Petco. recently he hasnít been doing too hot. I think some plants I bought a few months ago were contaminated with some kind of worms and he has had white worms hanging from his vent on and off. I had thought it cleared up but they were back this morning (08/18). additionally, he was acting lethargic two days ago and so I added aquarium salt and performed a water change. today he has slight signs of dropsy but he is back to his active self.

he is in a 10 gallon with a few snails, 1 amano shrimp, lots of plants, and it is kept between 78 and 80 degrees. ammonia was 0.0 ppm this morning, pH was ~8.1 (which while not ideal, doesnít look like it would be too bad + tap water was very similar). Iíll be testing nitrates and nitrites later to make sure everything is okay.

as for a question: should I try treating the dropsy first and then the parasites? I donít want to get my hopes up but he isnít pine-coning too badly yet. any advice and/or input would be appreciated thank you!

Old 08-21-2019, 07:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Seachem Kanaplex for dropsy. Prazipro for worms.

Tags
betta, drop, dropsy, parasite

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com