Knifefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lerzygirl4god

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have this black ghost knifefish and I know discoloration means that it is either stressed, sick or under fed. The thing is though I don't know for sure with mine if it is a healthy coloration. I am sorry the pictures are blurry but I could not get a good pic of him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412313702628.jpg
    1412313702628.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1412313720774.jpg
    1412313720774.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1412313738209.jpg
    1412313738209.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 66
His color seems fine. Maybe you could add some stress coat if you're unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya I have been a little but he does look black but I did not know if he was not Pl black enough. Like maybe a little grey. I just really like him and don't want to kill him. He eats well and at night bullies the large angels, cat fish and sucker fish.

That's common. It's ok to worry about a fish. Especially your fish. Really cool looking. How big is your tank?

I have a 55 gal. I got the knifefish, two large angels (the size of CD's including the fins), two 6 inch pocostimous and a 1 inch albino catfish for 25 dollers. Someone was moving out of fresh and into salt.

This is my tank

Attachments

• 1412314752958.jpg
    1412314752958.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 58
Lol. I know what you mean. What kind is yours?

I used to have the same as yours but I went on vacation for a week and, let's just say, try to find someone more experienced to care for your tanks while you're away.

Oh I totally get that. Except that I taught my little sister to do.it and she does not know anything about fish. I was gone for a month and she Did not kill any. It is crazy when you get to the point that you have like 4 or more types of food because of all of the different fish you have. I am sorry for your loss. maybe you can start a new tank and have another knifefish.

I do have a quick questuon. Do knifefish eat plant matter? I thought they were only like meat eating and only eat Blood worms and left over fish food. I am asking because my plants were getting thrashed and I remembered pocostimous like to eat plants and need them in their diet so I added some large leaf lettuce secured to the wall. Last night my knifefish was more active then usual and has been for the last week. This morning though not only was he more active but both of my pocostimous, my cat fish and my kooli loach were more active. And my knifefish started ferociously tearing away at the lettuce.

Back
Top Bottom