Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Psybuster
Koi Died :(

OK I just went to Petsmart to get some cheap 2" Koi (that was probably my problem there). I acclimated them into my aquarium (i plan on releasing them into my pond later on). They seemed to be ok in the aquarium, until I woke up today to find one of my Koi dead floating around. I checked temp, ph levels, nitrate and everything seemed to be in check, was it something I did or just a unfortunate occurance?

here's a pic of hte tank

Old 08-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So sorry to hear. How are the other koi? Do you know how long Petsmart had the koi before you bought them?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
fishyrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

unforunately i didn't ask that question...the other koi are doing mighty good so far (knock on wood) they are a bit messy, my water got considerably cloudy to where it was a week ago (still very clear). and the plecos are just being lazy bums hiding out in the corners behind the plants. today i'm going to go back to petsmart and get my refund and hopefully pick out a new koi, i might go solid yellow or gold.
Fish : Angels | Corycats | Rainbow Shark | Harlequin Rasbora | Red Tailed Shark
--
Much Thanks to Travis for the donated plants
Psybuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good luck with the rest. When are you releasing them into the pond? I want to put an above-ground pond in my front yard, but have not gotten around to it.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
fishyrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

when they hit 6" i plan on releasing them into the pond, i have about 7 koi in there now 4000-5000 gallon pond. water is starting to clear up, before hand it was way green and couldn't see more than 2 feet below. we are planning to rid of the other fish in there besides the koi and mosquito there's bluegail (sp?) and others in there.
Fish : Angels | Corycats | Rainbow Shark | Harlequin Rasbora | Red Tailed Shark
--
Much Thanks to Travis for the donated plants
Psybuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
die, died, koi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com