Koi Died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psybuster

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK I just went to Petsmart to get some cheap 2" Koi (that was probably my problem there). I acclimated them into my aquarium (i plan on releasing them into my pond later on). They seemed to be ok in the aquarium, until I woke up today to find one of my Koi dead floating around. I checked temp, ph levels, nitrate and everything seemed to be in check, was it something I did or just a unfortunate occurance?

here's a pic of hte tank

P1010021.sized.jpg

unforunately i didn't ask that question...the other koi are doing mighty good so far (knock on wood) they are a bit messy, my water got considerably cloudy to where it was a week ago (still very clear). and the plecos are just being lazy bums hiding out in the corners behind the plants. today i'm going to go back to petsmart and get my refund and hopefully pick out a new koi, i might go solid yellow or gold.

Good luck with the rest. When are you releasing them into the pond? I want to put an above-ground pond in my front yard, but have not gotten around to it.

when they hit 6" i plan on releasing them into the pond, i have about 7 koi in there now 4000-5000 gallon pond. water is starting to clear up, before hand it was way green and couldn't see more than 2 feet below. we are planning to rid of the other fish in there besides the koi and mosquito there's bluegail (sp?) and others in there.

Back
Top Bottom