Koi fish needs help ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissa.satanas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just acquired a koi fish about three weeks ago. When I brought him home he was great, and appeared to be rather healthy. In about a weeks time a huge sore appeared on his side. The sore is white in the middle and is red all around the sides.

I put him in a seperate tank so my other fish weren't in harms way and luckily none of the others have developed anything what so ever.

As far as treatment is concerned I bought Melafix in hopes it would help heal the sore. Or cure whatever disease my koi had. But treating the Koi for two weeks now hasn't done anything; the sore looks exactly the same. Not worse, but not better either. Tonight I bought Jungle Lifeguard just in hopes it could do something.. I'm at a loss now because it seems like none of the pet stores carry ANY sort of medicine to treat pet fish. I guess I could go to a vet but it seems like that would be rather expensive. Fish vets aren't common around these parts.

So anyways, any questions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

So we can help, can you please provide:
- photos
- water parameters
- tank size

Thanks, Roz

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom