Lazy Bronze Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drfu

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my 3 bronze corys for about 3 months now, when i first got them they seemed to love to swim around jumping to the top for air, overall quite entertaining! Now they seem just live @ the botton, like to eat a lot, gotten a bit fatter since i got them. Is their perhaps something wrong with them?

Tankmates, clown loach, 2 Chinese algae eaters, 2 otos, 5 blackskirt tetras.

Tank: 33 gallon tank w/fluval 205 & surface skimmer, aquaclear 50, lots of live plants w/sand & gravel substrate.

Parameters: no detectable ammonia, nitrites, copper. phosphates are between 1-2 ppm. Ph is 7.7 nitrates @ 40 ppm but today is water change day, temp is 76

Keep a look out for the CAE trying to attack your Cory's there's a thread on here about some owning having Cory's and there eyes going missing and it turns out it was the CAE

Very interesting about my cae, i know one is the dominant one vs the other but i have not seen them be aggressive towards anyone else. I have seen one of them share the same hideout under the same log but will keep an eye out. I am slowly dropping my temp down to 73 from 76. My next step is adding more o2 to the system.

Back
Top Bottom