Leech or skin fluke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MalawiMadness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was wondering if someone out there could help me identify what looks like either some sort of leech or skin fluke on one of my Malawi cichlids.
The fish eats well and acts normal other than the black lines,(not spots), 1/6" or smaller on the body and fins of the fish. There are about eight or ten of these things on my fish. I did some research and was unable to identify these marks. Doesn't look like skin flukes and was wondering if this fish has some sort of leech problem. These black things are attached solid on the fish. I don't think that they are anchor worms since they are attached completely. My water par: 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites, 20ppm or less nitrates, 8.2 ph, 78 degree water. 75 gal tank established three months ago, dual Emperor 400, 280 filters. Any help on identifying and a posible cure would be greatly appreciated. Please note: this problem is on one fish out of 14 that I have in my tank.

Thanks

Any chance of a picture? What you're describing doesn't sound like leeches or flukes but I can't rule anything out at this point.

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom