Lethargic cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ragnarox13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
For the past few days, my similis cory has been acting lethargic (not looking for food, staying at the same spot). It also has heavy and fast breathing. It has no other external anomalies.

Tank size is 15g with 8 other pygmy cory, 1 panda and 1 sterbai. It has being with me for the past 2weeks and acting fine until the last few days. I do regular wc every 2-3days. Food is hikari wafer and flakes daily with weekly frozen bloodworms.

Ammonia, nitrite:0 nitrate:10ppm. All the other corys are ok and active.

Wondering could it be an internal bacteria infection?

Hi there, what's the update... Mine passed away today... Same symptom as yours.

It clamp its fin sometimes n hardly eating but no other signs of illness. Other corys in the same tank are quite alright..no idea wats wrong with this one

Everything sounds exactly like mine. He stopped eating stopped moving fins clamped together and then about 4 days passed away. This was yesterday, my other cory is now behaving the same way.
No signs of illness though except the red gills.
The pet store lady said today that this was due to ammonia poisoning, it burnt their gills.
Due to my inexperience, I over fed them in the beginning causing a very high spike in ammonia.
Had water tested today, and all parameters are great. But the damage is done. I feel horrible, will never do it again.
My latest 2 cories I recently added 5 days ago are doing really well!!
Holding thumbs for you. Keep us up to date please.

Sorry to hear abt that. Mines still alive and i dun think its ammonia poisoning for me coz i have 2 filters running at max capacity for at least a month now. Its eat occasionally nowadays, mayb jus stressed abt something i hav no idea lol :)

hope your new cores adapt well. They can be really shy at the start :p

im getting 1 more cory tmr too. Too much fish food at home :p

filter don't do ammonia

Sorry to hear abt that. Mines still alive and i dun think its ammonia poisoning for me coz i have 2 filters running at max capacity for at least a month now. I

I hope your cory is doing better, but unless your filters have a good bacterial population, they are NOT going to take the ammonia out of your water. Filters don't remove ammonia, bacteria does.

Back
Top Bottom