Lethargic Fish - Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
true due to the size of the tank but my Moor and Gold fantail are best buds are the fins still clamped?
Well, two of the goldfish's fins are never clamped, and they stay fanned out and normal. But one fish who sometimes just lays at the bottom often has its dorsal fin clamped, which worries me.

WoopAhhhh said:
Well, two of the goldfish's fins are never clamped, and they stay fanned out and normal. But one fish who sometimes just lays at the bottom often has its dorsal fin clamped, which worries me.

I have a Moor that likes to lay on the bottom and generally speaking when it does, its dorsal fins is laid back. I think DC (its name) is just lazy, because at anytime it'll cruise around the tank and feeds like the others no problem.

I have a Moor that likes to lay on the bottom and generally speaking when it does, its dorsal fins is laid back. I think DC (its name) is just lazy, because at anytime it'll cruise around the tank and feeds like the others no problem.
That's exactly what mine does. But I'm still worried, because it's seems that it always results in something bad when a fish acts this way D:

I found the issue. One of my fish has swim bladder disease /:

couple option you can doo here one is common try cooked peas out of the shell and the other that sometimes works reach in your tank and give your fish a gentle squeeze sometime they have air inside and if it is that a gentle squeeze can release it (you can hear it) but be carefull please

I will say that the bigger issue IMO is the overstocking of your tank. That alone can cause any kind of ailment and needs to be addressed IMO/E for the betterment of all your fish.

I've tried the peas, but the fish won't eat it. I'm going to try again tomorrow, hopefully he'll take it then.

I will say that the bigger issue IMO is the overstocking of your tank. That alone can cause any kind of ailment and needs to be addressed IMO/E for the betterment of all your fish.
+1 i agree and not blaming you at all lfs give horrible advise sometimes good rule of thumb 20 gallon for your first goldfish and 10 gallon for every additional remember they are there to sell fish as many as they can

"fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me"

I've tried the peas, but the fish won't eat it. I'm going to try again tomorrow, hopefully he'll take it then.

Did you squeeze the "meat" of the pea out of it's shell? They won't (mine anyways) eat them other wise and the shell may get stuck since goldies don't have teeth. I just use frozen peas uncooked/thawed/shelled and my trio can't get enough. Maybe hold off a day of feeding, then give them peas a couple feedings in a row.

Back
Top Bottom